Campus Future Innovation (Campus FI)
Eleven actors in Central Finland have launched a unique effort to promote collaboration among education, enterprise, public and third sector organizations in health and social care. The background of the initiative arose from the Triple Helix concept. The Campus Future Innovation (Campus FI) initiative aims at building a globally attractive and competitive Health Village. The mission of the initiative is:
- to promote the wellbeing of Central Finland’s residents
- to enhance the quality, overall efficiency and effectiveness of the services delivered
- to create a high-profile centre of expertise and business cluster for health and social care.
Campus FI is committed to strengthening innovation and entrepreneurship focusing especially on preventative healthcare and rehabilitation. The municipality of Jyvaskyla in Finland has versatile education, research and applied know-how on these particular fields. Hence, Campus FI takes a comprehensive view of the population health. It creates the health and social work products of tomorrow in a customer-oriented and multidisciplinary way. At the heart of the Health Village will be an innovation laboratory. This multidisciplinary platform will produce practical solutions for challenges in the field, and support the ongoing process of renewal of the social and healthcare sector in Finland.
The Campus FI initiative is based on a co-creation process. It will bring together health and social work professionals, experts of various fields, companies, third-sector organizations and clients to collaboratively overcome challenges and create practical innovations from scratch.
Campus FI is not just good for business. It is good for the future of health care. Together the participating actors will advance rapid translation and market acceleration to fulfill the triple aim: improved population health; quality and cost-effective care; as well as a vibrant health and social care innovation ecosystem.
- Frontiers, Switzerland
- NETMIB project: Phase one to finish soon
- GEUM Workshop
- Finland launch Health and Social Care Innovation Initiative
- University Catolica del Norte operates Triple Helix Model in Antofagasta Region, Chile
- SBIR/STTR Web Series
- Call for Good Practice on Social Innovation and Cultural Heritage