Across the world, states and city regions are facing huge societal, economic and environmental, challenges whose solutions require concerted new efforts imaginative policies and innovative partnerships. The Conference will bring together academia, government, business, and community to share effective practices, and to advance the frontiers of knowledge on collaboration for economic progress, social development and sustainability, and the role of cities and regions as enabling spaces for these interactions.
Manchester, the birthplace of the world’s first industrial revolution, is a cosmopolitan city-region for science, innovation, medicine, culture, gastronomy, and of course sport. The city has longstanding traditions of civic, business, academic, and community engagement. Today, Manchester is forging new strategies and partnerships to tackle local and global challenges of sustainability, inclusive development, and societal well-being.
We plan an international and stimulating gathering from all aspects of the Triple Helix – from academia and business, to community, policy, government, and non-governmental perspectives.
The organizations collaborating to host the Conference include:
- The University of Manchester
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Health Innovation Manchester
- Manchester’s Oxford Road Corridor (Manchester’s Innovation District)
- Manchester Institute of Innovation Research
- Conference Partners International,
- Marketing Manchester
- Triple Helix Association.
The XVI International Triple Helix Conference Chair is Professor Jackie Oldham of The University of Manchester and Director of Health Innovation, Manchester Oxford Road Corridor.
The Conference International Scientific Committee is Co-Chaired by Professor Philip Shapira and Dr Elvira Uyarra from the Manchester Institute of Innovation Research at the Alliance Manchester Business School.
The XVI International Triple Helix Conference 2018 will address current and emerging societal, economic, and environmental challenges, and identify the policies that we require to tackle these issues. Conference sessions will be organised around topics that include:
- The role of universities in supporting innovation and regional development
- Triple Helix in transition and emerging economies
- Socially responsible innovation and the “quadruple helix”
- New methods and metrics for Triple Helix research
- Micro-foundations of the Triple Helix: new actors, relationships, and business models
Proposals for Oral Presentations, Special Panel Sessions, and
Posters are invited on these and other innovative topics. Abstract submissions are open through to 2 March 2018. Abstracts and Session Proposals will be reviewed by an International Scientific Committee, with decisions available in May 2018.
The deadline for early bird registration is 11 June 2018. Normal registration will be available after that date. Concessionary registration is available for students and early-career researchers.
Further details about abstracts and links to proposal submissions can be found via the Triple Helix web site: http://thc2018.org.
In addition to presentations, panels, and posters, the 2018 Conference will feature internationally-recognised Keynote Speakers and topical Roundtable Discussions, with Master Workshops offered on 5 September 2018.
We invite suggestions for half-day or full-day Master Workshops that offer in-depth treatment of conceptual, technical, partnership, and policy topics related to the conference themes, especially using engaging and interactive formats. (Contact one of the Co-Chairs of the International Scientific Committee to discuss Master Workshop ideas).
- PRESIDENT’S CORNER – The Wisdom of the University
- SIXTEENTH TRIPLE HELIX CONFERENCE MANCHESTER, 2018 Call for Participation
- TRIPLE HELIX 2017 CONFERENCE – DAEGU, SOUTH KOREA
- VIEWPOINT – Piero Formica
- INNOVATION INTERMEDIARIES: FROM THE THIRD TO THE FOURTH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
- SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT THROUGH THE CREATION OF A KNOWLEDGE ECONOMY
- BOOK REVIEW
- RESEARCH ASSISTANCE INITIATIVE – SPIRAL
- WORKING PAPER SERIES
- TALKS SERIES
- CHAPTER NEWS
- WEBINAR SERIES
- NEW THA MEMBERS – JUNE/AUGUST 2017
- THA NEWS