Beyond Technology: Management Challenges in the Big Data Era
Deadline: 30 September 2018
Eduardo de Rezende Francisco (ESPM-MPCC and FGV EAESP, Brazil)
José Luiz Kugler (FGV EAESP, Brazil)
Soong Moon Kang (UCL School of Management, United Kingdom)
Ricardo Silva (UCL, Department of Statistical Science, United Kingdom)
Peter Alexander Whigham (University of Otago, Departmnt of Information Science, New Zealand)
This special issue of RAE will focus on methods, measures, and practices that connect Big Data issues to relevant aspects such as business value, digital transformation and organizational performance. The papers should help researchers and managers to understand the concepts, requirements, platforms, and benefits of Big Data initiatives as well as the requirements, potential risks and unintended consequences.
Submitted papers must contain new, unpublished and original work related to Big Data and data science theory, algorithms and applications. This issue will welcome papers on the conceptual aspects as well as papers on specific applications and technologies used to cope with Big Data. However, the focus should be on the business impacts and management relevance rather than on algorithms and technology deployment.
Themes and Topics
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Business value of big data technologies and models;
- Challenges related to deployment and management of analytical initiatives;
- Economical and value-added aspects of analytical models;
- Big data theory and foundations;
- Security, privacy, legal and ethical issues related to big data;
- Data-driven innovation and digital transformation in the era of big data;
- Data governance; data modeling and visualization; storytelling;
- Trends in managing people, work and well-being in the Data Driven Economy;
- Interaction/integration between Big Data and Smart Cities – frameworks, processes, information and communication technologies and IoT solutions;
- Data police, ethics and Open Data Environment: The Big Data ecosystem;
- Novel applications in marketing analytics, risk analytics, insurance analytics, people analytics, supply chain analytics, sentiment analysis, and healthcare analytics, among other areas.
Submission of Papers
Papers submitted must not have been published, acepted for publication, or presently be under consideration for publication elsewhere. Papers must be written in English and to be eligible for review the paper must be set up according to RAE Guidelines (fgv.br/raepubmanual). Suitable papers will be subjected to a blind review.
The submission must be made through the ScholarOne: http://mc04.manuscriptcentral.com/rae-scielo.
Please address questions to Eduardo de Rezende Francisco (firstname.lastname@example.org) and José Luiz Kugler (email@example.com).