The THA Chapters of Greece, Germany, Brazil, Russia and a future one to be set up in Perù, will be presenting their cases and lessons learned during a Special Session at the XVII International Triple Helix Conference on 9-11 September 2019 in Cape Town, to be chaired by Dr Christiane Gebhardt, THA Executive Committee member.
This panel session will shed light on how the Triple Helix model has been routed in different local contexts by some of the Triple Helix Association Chapters, in order to boost their innovation ecosystem.
Particularly, the panel intends to elicit the blockages, break troughs and achievements faced and reached by Chapters in operationalizing the Triple Helix model, including the different TH constellation and orchestration put in place, and the expected impact in the long term.
Chapter of Greece
Dr Adrian Solomon,
South East European Research Centre (SEERC)
Chapter of Germany
Professor Dr Klaus Sailer,
Munich University of Applied Sciences | Strascheg Center for Entrepreneurship gGmbH
Chapter of Russia
Tomsk State University
Chapter of Brazil
Professor Mariza Almeida,
Federal University of Rio de Janeiro,
Chapter of Perù
Professor J Fernán Muñoz,
National University of San Marcos, Applicant for the THA Chapter of Perù
If you wish to join us in Cape Town, register to the conference at
We are pleased to invite all members of the Triple Helix Association to learn more about our opinion leaders who are taking the lead on the Triple Helix Association Chapters.
Chapters are “local hubs” promoted by an existing organization (universities and affiliated units, research institutions and other public and private bodies), or a group of people (represented by a legal person), committed to become the local interface of the THA and the center of TH debate in their own countries.
TH Chapter leaders are driving the change and shaping the scientific and professional awareness about the work we do together.
Meet the leaders at:
Chapter of Germany
Professor Dr Klaus Sailer
Chapter of Greece
Dr Adrian Solomon
Chapter South Asia Pakistan
Dr Rahmat ULLAH
SATHA continues its Awareness Raising Campaign in Pakistan
SATHA is proceeding its Triple Helix awareness raising actions in Pakistan via various means: events, publications, and awards.
Eighth Invention to Innovation Summit
The South Asia Triple Helix Association (SATHA) is proudly announcing that it has successfully organized the 8th Invention to Innovation Summit on the 2-3 April 2019 hosted by the University of Punjab in collaboration with University of Management and Technology, Lahore, addressed to exhibit industry-driven ideas, products, and technologies in Pakistan.
The event attracted a number of participants from academia, industry and government.
SATHA Publishes Annual Directory of Entrepreneurial Leadership
The South Asia Triple Helix Association (SATHA) has recently launched its annual directory of the entrepreneurial leaders of Pakistan including ten of the most influential academics of Pakistan with significant impact on both society and industry. Scientists have been carefully selected through structured interviews as product of the remarkable and endless efforts by the authors Mr Rahmat Ullah and Dr Rashida R Zohra.
For the list of selected academics and further information, please visit https://admin.umt.edu.pk/Media/Site/THA/FileManager/2019/Ent-Leader%20Directory%20April%201%202019%20Final%20updated.pdf
SATHA Innovation Award and Networking Dinner
In the frame of the recently organized the Innovation Award hosted by SATHA held on the 2 April 2019 at the University of Management and Technology, SATHA has awarded thirteen substantial developments and commercially viable technologies. The SATHA Innovation Award has brought together key representatives of the universities of Punjab Province of Pakistan, corporate representatives and civil servants. We hereby congratulate the Award winners:
- Rabia Argham on behalf of the University of Sialkot start-up (increasing women and young graduates access to internet-based technologies);
- Farhan Wilayat Butt on behalf of the Pakistan Peacekeeping Mission (launching the Sindh Water Relief Project addressed to dig new water-wells as well as repair and restoration of existing closed water-wells in the desert areas of Tharparkar)
- Huzaifa Ahmad on behalf of the RIZQ Foundation (establishing a portfolio of innovative products and services designed to address the needs of all the actors in the food giving ecosystem to fight against hunger together)
- Muhammad Saqlain Akhtar on behalf of the National Textile University Faisalabad (applying fish skin and chitosan bandage for increased healing of wounds and reduction of the irritation of patient)
- Aiman Urooj on behalf of the National Textile University (creating compression bandages for hypertrophic scars treatment)
Muhammad Rehan Younas on behalf of the University of Sialkot (serial entrepreneur delivering complex services of public benefit)
Hafiz Muhammad Mohsin on behalf of the University of the Punjab (delivering an alternative solution to plastics and foamed plastic waste management and re-use)
- Dr Hamid Malik on behalf of the Induss Corporation
- Zahid Tauqeer Ahmad on behalf of UMT,Lahore (establishing affordable construction technologies for soling housing problems)
Dr Tayyab Husnain on behalf of PU, CEMB, Lahore (exploring new ways of producing cotton seed produces plants that are productive and resilient to environmental conditions)
- Imrana Mushtaq
- Ambreen Salahudin
- Amna Mufti
University Contribution to Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Forum
On the 14-15 June 2019, the Triple Helix Association Chapter of Kazakhstan successfully organized the “University input in Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Forum” hosted by Turan University. Participants were provided with presentations covering the undernoted issues:
The Kazakhstan model for business-power-university cooperation.
Mainstreaming entrepreneurial initiatives in education: creating the hub of entrepreneurial initiatives in education.
International experience of developing Triple Helix cooperation.
Vectors of students’ entrepreneurship in universities.
Round table: “Challenges for universities on the way to integration with industrial sector”.
Seminar: “Practical issues of developing innovation and entrepreneurship educational programs. Effective methods of teaching entrepreneurship”.
Panel discussion: “The issues of developing university business projects and effective solutions”.
Master classes and trainings of successful businessmen.
Greek Chapter is boosting sustainable urban transportation solutions
The Greek Chapter (hosted by SERRC) has recently been awarded a EU funded international project, PROSFET “Promoting Sustainable Freight Transport in Urban Contexts: Policy and Decision-Making Approaches” to identify local authority planning needs with regards to urban/city logistic activities and the necessary pre-requisites for the inclusion of stakeholders in the process. The project will be coordinated by Andrea Genovese from Sheffield University Management School and Patrizia Baldi .
The South-East European Research Centre (SEERC) is involved in the project with the participation of Professor Panayiotis KETIKIDIS, PhD Nikos Zaharis Elina P Ketikidi.
For more information, visit: www.prosfet.eu/PROSFET/index.php/news/
Published by the Triple Helix Association – ISSN 2281-4515
- XVII INTERNATIONAL TRIPLE HELIX CONFERENCE
- Workshop on Innovative place-based Triple Helix Approaches for Regional Development through Smart Specialisation Strategies
- ETHAC: First Triple Helix Congress on Responsible Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Bridging Academic Inventors – TTO Managers Schism: The Lean Canvas for Invention
- Charter of Innovation for Pakistan
- The Transformation of University Management in the Context of Triple Helix: Perspectives from Kazakhstan
- PRESIDENT’S CORNER – Gendered Academia: Challenge and Response
- Young Professionals – Vyacheslav Gerasimov
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Webinar Series
- Book Review
- Chapter News
- New THA Members March 2019 – May 2019
- THA News
- Publication Opportunities
- Call for Papers