We are pleased to welcome and present the new THA members joining our Association between March 2019 and May 2019. We welcome new members from both developing and developed countries and note how our Community is raising its international profile.
The full list of THA members can be found in:
- Members Gallery www.triplehelixassociation.org/members-gallery
- Organizational Members directory www.triplehelixassociation.org/organizational-members-directory.
To join the Association, please consult our membership page www.triplehelixassociation.org/membership, and complete the online membership form www.triplehelixassociation.org/membership-request.
During the last thirty years, world societies have undergone profound transformation because of sweeping new technologies that have had a compelling effects on peoples’ lives. In addition, all kinds of innovations have changed the way we live and work but also the ways we conceive, design and produce goods and services and the ways we grow world economies. Innovation is the single most important powerful driver for this transformation which transcends the technological paradigm and extends to societal, cultural, and economic objectives. Innovation is everywhere and is accelerating. It is driven globally not only by creative companies, and young startups, but also by socially conscious non-profit foundations that stimulate new ways of progressive thinking.
However, innovation is not the privilege of the private sector. Time and again it has been proven through academic research that the public sector plays a pivotal role in stimulating, financing, and creating innovation. Its role is so important, that it has been described as really pivotal by leading academics. Public sector initiatives have not only strengthened policy and produced new knowledge, but have also (and more importantly) given birth to successful place-based initiatives for regional development, spurring innovation, growth and jobs. In this endeavour, policy shapers and policy makers have been immensely successful when cooperating with (and involving) the other constituents of the Triple Helix: universities and the business community.
This is why the international Triple Helix Association issues a special Call for Membership for Organizations of Policy Shapers and Policy Makers, worldwide. If you are an organization active in public sector innovation, with an emphasis on regional development initiatives, you have come to the right place. We invite you to become members of the Triple Helix fast developing family of professionals, working in the public sector on issues connected with policy development as well as policy implementation, especially focused on research and innovation management as well as regional development at international, national, regional or local levels.
- To get visibility and recognition for your organization projects, results and achievements.
- To network with scholars, practitioners, and their institutions and innovative companies at international level to initiate cooperation and action for innovation and growth in the realm of the Triple Helix.
- To learn from the experience of other international peers and from the latest research development.
What to expect
- Regular opportunities to promote your organization work via different THA media and channels reaching an international qualified audience of +3000 international Triple Helix actors (Hélice our quarterly magazine, TH Talk, our collection of video-interviews, TH News, our monthly newsletter, our social media groups on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter).
- Have your organization displayed in our Organizational membership Directory with the possibility to advertise innovation-related events, training programs, projects, job vacancies, and news on our THA website, in our Newsletter and during THA events.
- Have your organization competing for our Annual Medal Award recognizing the excellence in policy shaping and policy making on promoting innovation. Have your organization case published in our annual Best Practice Policy Case collection.
Learning and Networking
- Two free access passes to each of our bi-monthly webinars focusing on emergent topics in the Triple Helix interface, with particular attention to the operationalization of Triple Helix interactions for regional development.
- Twenty percent special discount for joining our annual Conference and Summit, where you would be able to present your institution’s case and network with international peers, scholars, practitioners and companies.
- Join our existing Thematic Research Groups or call for new ones, for innovation-related publications; education, research and mobility projects; and international initiatives.
- Access to leading research findings. Full access to THA scientific publications (Hélice, Triple Helix Journal, Spiral) and resources from the online TH Repository.
- Access to our funding watch with a selection of call for proposals and tenders on topics related to innovation and regional development.
- Be invited to join consortia for EU/International funded project proposals, initiated by our THA External Grant Committee and its members.
- Propose the co-design and delivery of co-branded specialized events and training.
- The opportunity to host one of the THA annual events (Conference or Summit).
- The opportunity to set up a THA Chapter in your country, becoming the THA national hub for Triple Helix debate and initiatives.
Your exclusive welcome package will include a free a six month organizational membership trial to test our services and discover our like-minded community.
After the free trial period, a special offer for a three year regular organizational membership subscription fee with a thirty percent discount (473€) will apply.
For more information and to request a six month free trial, please contact Ms Maria Laura Fornaci, Executive Director, email@example.com,
A Baitursynov Kostanay State University (ABKSU)
47 Baitursynov Street
Kostanay, Kostanayskaya oblast 110000
A Baitursynov Kostanay State University (ABKSU) is the educational scientific and methodological centre of the Northern part of the country. The strategic aim of A Baitursynov KSU development is to create unified scientific and educational space of northern region of Kazakhstan that provides dynamic, continuous and stable social and economic development. A Baitursynov KSU comprises seven Faculties with 33 Bachelor, 28 Master and 17 PhD programmes. Internationalization is one of the priority fields for the University, and it has a long history of cooperation with a great number of international partners including HEIs, industrial enterprises, museums and other organizations.
EDUCACIÓN Colegio Franklin D Roosevelt (1956-1961), Primero a Sexto Primaria Colegio Santa María (1962-1966), Primero a Quinto Media Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú Ingeniería Civil Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos Ingeniería Industrial – Egresado en 1973 de la Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos – Bachiller en Ingeniería Industrial (28 Enero.1078) – Titulado en Ingeniería Industrial (7 Mayo.1980) – Magíster en Dirección y Administración de Empresas del Instituto de Estudios Bursátiles de España, IEB (24 noviembre 2005) SERVICIOS Y REPRESENTACIONES AD HONOREM Del Consejo Nacional de Decanos de los Colegios Profesionales – Representante del Consejo Nacional de Decanos de los Colegios Profesionales ante el Acuerdo Nacional en las Sesiones (Julio 2010 a Junio 2012); Decano Presidente del Consejo Nacional de Decanos de los Colegios Profesionales (2011-2012); Decano Presidente del Consejo Nacional de Decanos de los Colegios Profesionales (2010-2011); Del Colegio de Ingenieros del Perú – Decano Nacional del Colegio de Ingenieros del Perú (2010-2012); Decano del Consejo Departamental de Lima del Colegio de Ingenieros del Perú (2008–2009); Presidente del Capítulo de Ingeniería Industrial de Sistemas del Consejo Departamental de Lima del Colegio de Ingenieros del Perú (2006-2007); Presidente del Capítulo de Ingeniería Industrial de Sistemas del Consejo Departamental de Lima del Colegio de Ingenieros del Perú (2004-2005); Presidente del Capítulo de Ingeniería Alimentaria y Agroindustrial del Consejo Departamental de Lima del Colegio de Ingenieros del Perú (2006-2007); Presidente del Capítulo de Ingeniería Alimentaria y Agroindustrial del Consejo Departamental de Lima del Colegio de Ingenieros del (2004-2005); Creador, propulsor y Jefe del Plan Perú 2040 por el Consejo Departamental de Lima, (2005-2008). Creador de la Ley del Profesional Ingeniero, Ley Nº 28858. Del Instituto Peruano del Deporte – Director Tesorero de la Federación de Karate; Director Secretario de la Federación de Judo y Karate; De la ONG APROPO (Apoyo a Programas de Población) – Director 2009 al 2012 SERVICIOS PROFESIONALES En su ejercicio profesional ha ocupado importantes cargos en distintas áreas: ha sido catedrático de las universidades Ricardo Palma y Nacional José Faustino Sánchez Carrión. Fue funcionario principal del Banco Central de Reserva del Perú, a cargo del Departamento de Planeamiento y Control de la Producción de la Casa Nacional de Moneda. Jefe del Proyecto de Laminadora del Pacífico actual Aceros Arequipa SA, Gerente de Ventas de De Col Ingenieros, Gerente General de Fertilizantes Sintético SA FERTISA. Gerente General de Fábrica de Tejidos La Unión Ltda. en quiebra y Gerente de la empresa consultora en proyectos y supervisión CPS de Ingeniería SAC Consultor Principal Asesor del Directorio de la consultora de Proyectos. Director de INVERMET (2008-2009); Coordinador del Proyecto Pucallpa ACCEDE, BID en representación de la Consultoría de Cinclus Project Management SAC, (Noviembre 2015– Mayo 2016) – Representante de la empresa portuguesa Cinclus Project Management SAC empresa dedicada a la Supervisión y Gerenciamiento de proyectos (Enero 2013-Agosto 2015). Asesor de la Presidencia del Directorio de EMILIMA (Agosto 2015-Febrero 2016) – Asesor de 1551 Incubadora de Empresas Innovadoras, UNMSM (Enero 2017-Febrero 2019) OTROS En dos oportunidades ha sido distinguido por la Comisión de Educación del Congreso de la República, habiendo recibido la medalla de El Congreso de la República. Creador y propulsor de diferentes dispositivos legales, Casa Nacional de Moneda, Proyecto Ilo, Ley del Profesional Ingeniero. Creador del Plan Perú 2040, gestor de la nueva normatividad del Colegio de Ingenieros del Perú, entre otros.
Areas of interest in TH research
DR T BARTOSZ KALINOWSKI
Faculty of Management / Centre of Excellence in Research “Knowbase”
University of Lodz
Assistant professor in the Department of Operational Processes Improvement / Logistics at the University of Lodz with nearly ten years of experience in teaching and research. Head of the Centre for Scientific Research Quality KnowBase at the Univeristy of Lodz. Lecturer in the field of process management and organisational improvement on MBA programs, postgraduate studies, full and part time studies at the University of Lodz. Experienced project manager and researcher in several EU Funded project (H2020, Erasmus and Leonardo do Vinci). Visiting professor at: University of Roskilde, Denmark; University of Alcala, Spain; University of Riga, Latvia; Porto Technical University, Portugal; and University of Valencia, Spain. Certified Quality Auditor. Co-owner of an SME consulting company Umbrella Consulting Limited (former UNDP Umbrella Project) involved in implementation of quality management systems (business and public sector). Author of two books and over sixty of journal and peer-reviewed conference proceedings papers.
Areas of interest in TH research
Innovation management, entrepreneurship, academia-business cooperation.
Professor FARKHANDA MANZOOR
Department of Zoology
Lahore College for Women University
Professor dr Farkhanda Manzoor is a post doctorate from the Ohio State University, USA. She is an ardent believer in the future of eco- friendly solutions to urban pest management problems in Pakistan. She is known for her research on taxonomy, biology, and integrated management (control) of urban insect pests such as termites, mosquitoes, cockroaches, ants etc. She has introduced termite baiting in Pakistan, and has been working with resistance to insecticides against mosquitoes, cockroaches and flies. Presently, she is Chairperson at the Zoology department, Director Education, Lahore College for Women University, Lahore, and focal person for Dengue control Program and has worked for Dengue epidemic, surveillence, control, redescription of Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus mosquitoes and detection of dengue virus from mosquitoes. She is technical advisor relating to termite, mosquito, and cockroaches issues for many companies. She has published twelve books internationally, one monograph by HEC, contributed chapters in five books and has more than 150 publications at national and international level and has presented her research papers in conferences at USA, England, Sweden, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, China, Australia, UAE, UK, Sweden, and Switzerland. Furthermore, she has completed six research projects as Principal Investigator from Higher Education Commission, WWF, FMC Corporation and Ensystex Australia. She received the Research Productivity Award (2013) from the Pakistan Council for Science and Technology and Best Researcher Award from the Higher Education Commission, Islamabad in 2016. As an academician, she has twenty-five years of teaching and research experience. She has been imparting training to BS, MS and PhD students in the field of Zoology/Entomology/ Biodiversity. She is the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Innovative Science and Technology, LCWU. She has written the first book on Mosquitoes in Pakistan “Mosquitoes the Urban Pests”. She is working as Chief Editor for the Journal of Innovative Sciences at LCWU. She received the Best University Teacher award by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan in 2018.
Areas of interest in TH research
Innovation and commercialization.
DR NAZAKAT ALI
Institute of Space Technology Islamabad
Chemical Engineer and Doctor of Engineering, with have more than fifteen years of professional experience.
Areas of interest in TH research
STI Governance, University and Industrial Infrastructure.
DR JANINE MCGINN
Entrepreneur and educator, Janine’s doctoral research thesis focused on HEI climate for creativity and innovation. Specific research interest in policy and practice of new learning programme development and design within Higher Educational and further educational institutions in Europe.
Areas of interest in TH research
Higher educational climate optimisation for creativity and innovation; new curriculum and programme development and validation. The entrepreneurial university.
DR XIAO PENG
The Hague University of Applied Science
Xiao Peng holds a PhD in Managerial Economics from Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, The Netherlands. She is a lecturer and researcher in International Business Program, The Hague University of Applied Science, The Netherlands.
Areas of interest in TH research.
Creative collaborations between academics and practitioners
MS JUDIT SZAKOS
National University of Public Service
Judit is a PhD student at the National University of Public Service (Budapest, Hungary). She studied public admin-istration BA and MA and graduated at the Corvinus University of Budapest as an economist of public policy and management (MA in English). She is interested in many innovation related topics, focusing on the role of the state and importance of education. She was a researcher on the “Innovative, learning public administration” research team EU founded project (KÖFOP). Currently, President at Association of Hungarian PhD and DLA Candidates, Section of Public Administration and doing advocacy as a delegate at the Council of Doctoral Students at the National University of Public Service. See: www.linkedin.com/in/szakosj/
Areas of interest in TH research
Business incubation, startups, state’s role in innovation, and the role of education PhD student at the National University of Public .
Published by the Triple Helix Association – ISSN 2281-4515
- XVII INTERNATIONAL TRIPLE HELIX CONFERENCE
- Workshop on Innovative place-based Triple Helix Approaches for Regional Development through Smart Specialisation Strategies
- ETHAC: First Triple Helix Congress on Responsible Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Bridging Academic Inventors – TTO Managers Schism: The Lean Canvas for Invention
- Charter of Innovation for Pakistan
- The Transformation of University Management in the Context of Triple Helix: Perspectives from Kazakhstan
- PRESIDENT’S CORNER – Gendered Academia: Challenge and Response
- Young Professionals – Vyacheslav Gerasimov
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Webinar Series
- Book Review
- Chapter News
- New THA Members March 2019 – May 2019
- THA News
- Publication Opportunities
- Call for Papers