Highlights from the Webinar
‘Boosting Innovative European Startups through the Triple Helix’
26 November 2019
During our latest webinar “Boosting Innovative European Startups through the Triple Helix“, delivered on 26 November 2019, by Dr Bartosz Kalinowski, Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Management / Centre of Excellence in Research “Knowbase”; University of Lodz, Poland, and Hans Lodders, Independent program manager and management consultant, former manager of the Hilversum Media Campus in the Netherlands, chaired by Dr Dimitri Corpakis, former EU official and Innovation Adviser, they discussed pathways and strategies to establish innovative startups within the EU by handling complexities such as digitalization, responsibility and environmental sustainability, media and creative industries.
After an introduction from the Chair offering an overview of the performance of the EU innovation system and the EU “startups revolution”, our speakers presented the final results of an EU survey, implemented in the framework of the Erasmus+ Project DIGIGrent, https://digigrent.eu/, involving a sample of companies (both startups and SMEs) from Greece, Italy, Poland and Spain, for investigating the perceived importance of specific skills in the management, digital and environmental/green domains for boosting company development; and a practical case from a Dutch media cluster exemplifying how the Triple Helix model was operationalized for re-launching the cluster’s competitiveness and grasping the opportunities offered by new media technologies.
The video recording and slides for the web event are available at:
The webinar was organized with the support of the Jean Monnet project HLX4EU, www.triplehelixassociation.org/european-funded-projects-hlx4eu.
Published by the Triple Helix Association – ISSN 2281-4515
- CALL FOR PROPOSALS XVIII International Triple Helix Conference
- FEEDBACK AND THA AWARDS REPORT XVII International Triple Helix Conference Cape Town, South Africa
- Highlights XVII International Triple Helix Conference Cape Town, South Africa
- Executive Director’s Corner
- Intrapreneurship as an Organisation Management System
- THE ENTREPRENEURIAL ROLE OF UNIVERSITIES FOR PEACE AND CONFLICT IN SOUTH ASIA
- Changing the Way we Innovate: Mission-Led Challenges and Capacity Development
- WEBINAR SERIES
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Chapter News
- New THA Members
- THA News
- Call for Papers