The workshop is part of the series of workshops of Erasmus+ Jean Monnet project entitled “Boosting the European integration process in a time of crisis through the Triple Helix: strengthening the delivery of EU policies for growth and jobs” (HLX4EU). The project seeks to improve the delivery of three key EU policies in the real world through the concept, method and approach of the Triple Helix.
In the Tampere workshop, run in conjunction with the XVIII International Triple Helix Conference 2020, we engage scholars, policy-makers, relevant practitioners and citizens to discuss how Europe can better respond to two intricately interrelated transformations, namely societal transformation and university transformation through constructing “socially responsible entrepreneurial university” (Cai, 2018). The concept entails the ideas of entrepreneurial university (Clark, 1998; Etzkowitz, 1983, 2017), “civic university” (Goddard et al., 2016; Goddard & Vallance, 2013), and “responsible research and innovation” (Monsonis-Paya et al., 2017) in higher education. It underlines the “third academic revaluation”(Etzkowitz & Viale, 2010) and the “model 3 knowledge” production (Carayannis & Campbell, 2012), which stress the role of university in social transformation and engagement of citizens.
Promoting the construction of socially responsible entrepreneurial university is an essential element for strengthening helix interactions in EU, which are the foundations for booting innovation and socio-economic development in EU, being globally competitive and taking global responsibilities. The workshop will focus on the following three themes:
1) University dynamics and transformation: entrepreneurial spirit and Innovations in higher education,
2) Knowledge co-creation: responsible research and innovation in higher education
3) Societal transformation and its implications on higher education: Responses of higher education to society.
The main actors or invited participants related respectively to the three themes are:
• Academics, university leaders, administrators, students
• Academics, intermediaries, citizens,
• Entrepreneurs, innovation workers, policy-makers and decision makers
The registration to the workshop is free of charge by 31st May 2020. To register: https://events.tuni.fi/hlx4eu-workshop/registration/
IN THE CONTEXT OF CURRENT COVID-19 EPIDEMIC SITUATION, THE WORKSHOP IS EXPECTED TO BE ORGANIZED ONLINE BUT MORE INFORMATION WILL BE ANNOUNCED LATER
Published by the Triple Helix Association – ISSN 2281-4515
- THA response to COVID-19
- Triple Helix model of innovation to deal with Covid19 pandemic and future societal crises – Call for paper Triple Helix Journal
- The XVIII International Triple Helix Conference, 15-17 June 2020, finding its way to react to the COVID-19 restrictions
- Workshop “Socially responsible entrepreneurial Universities”, 17-18 June, Tampere – REGISTER NOW!
- The III International Triple Helix Summit 2020 welcomes submissions
- PRESIDENT’S CORNER – Is science academia inherently resistant to gender equality?
- New Entrepreneurial Education as Tool to Enhance Students’ Self-Development: KrausLab Case 25
- Innovation policy and industrial policy. Speaking with different voices?
- THA News
- Book Review – Social Entrepreneurship: Leveraging Economic, Political and Cultural Dimensions
- Webinar Series
- Chapter News
- Call for Papers
- New THA Members December 2019 – February 2020