During the Gala dinner of the II International Triple Helix Summit, 10-13 November 2018 Dubai, the winner and 2 runners up of the Triple Helix International Medal Award 2018 for the best case studies received in response to the call for abstract for the Summit, have been announced.
The Triple Helix International Medal Award aims at identifying public or private organizations who are actively involved in Triple Helix interactions and engaged in building successful and goal-oriented relationships among Industry-Academia-Government thus facilitating the transfer and exploitation of knowledge for societal and economic growth.
The scope of the award is to give relevance to the “best in class”, who have developed and operationalized effective interaction models and mechanisms able to produce concrete results and impact in terms of knowledge transfer and exploitation, and that could inspire the next generation of Triple Helix Practitioners, becoming “Case History” for our Community.
The winners have been selected by a prestigious International selection committee composed by:
- Prof. Panayiotis Ketikidis, University of Sheffield, Greece
- Prof. Josep Miquel Pique Huerta, La Salle Innovation Park- Ramon Llull University, Spain
- Prof. Riccardo Viale, Bicocca University, Italy
- Prof. Bassam Abdel-Karim Abu-Hijleh, British University in Dubai, UEA
- Prof. Bilal A. Akash, American University of Ras Al Khaimah, UEA
- Prof. Geoffrey Gachino, British University in Dubai, UEA
Our congratulations to:
- the winner, Lombardy region, represented at the award cerimony by Mr Ermanno Boccalari, and Ms Paola Peduzzi for the case “Lombardy Region Open Innovation Platform” authored by Roberto Albonetti, Paola Peduzzi, Maurizio De Bartolo and Marina Colombo. Download the Case presentation
- the 2 runners up, Mr Emanuele Fiore e Mr Vincenzo Di Marzo, Italian National Research Council (CNR) for the case “CNR-Université Laval: When bilateralism approaches Research (Example of application of the triple helix model)” Download the Presentation ; Mr Dimitri Corpakis, Independent Expert, Former European Commission official, for the case “Powering Synergies between Innovation Policy and Regional Development frameworks: the case of smart specialisation“. Download the Case presentation