Early career researchers (including full-time doctoral students) at the XVII Triple Helix International Conference in Cape Town, September 2019 (THC2019) are invited to submit their paper for the Triple Helix Association (THA) 2019 Early Career Researcher (ECR) Best Paper Award.
Eligible authors who have registered for THC2019 will be considered for the Award. To be eligible as an Early Career Researcher (ECR), you must be on a full-time doctoral study course in a field related to functions within Triple Helix or have completed your PhD between January 1, 2018 and May 5, 2019. If you already work or accepted an academic position you may still apply.
While papers co-authored with others are eligible, the Early Career Researcher submitting the paper must be the primary author and presenter.
Award committee comprised international academics. The Award Committee will assess papers using a blind review process and criteria of originality, conceptual and methodological quality, and applications and implications for Triple Helix models, concepts and approaches.
Why to participate?
The best paper author will receive a signed and stamped official award certificate by the Triple Helix Association (THA) to be given out at the gala dinner; announcement of their achievement on the THA web site and online collaterals and by THC2019 media outreach; and a one year free membership of THA. (If already a THA member, then this award will add one year to the current membership.)
To learn more on the benefits, read the interview with Sergio Manrique, the winner of the ECR Award 2018
Formatting: All papers must be received in the same format and should:
1) A title page followed by the body of paper (Abstract – 250 words double space)
2) Papers to be considered for the award should be between 6,000 – 8,000 words, submitted in a journal style (with title, author names and affiliations, date, abstract, text, references, and any tables and figures).
See Triple Helix Journal Author Guidelines https://brill.com/fileasset/downloads_products/Author_Instructions/THJ.pdf
3) In case the author has already submitted an abstract in response to the XVII call for paper, the title and abstract should be the same as, or substantially similar to, the abstract already accepted by the THC2019 Scientific Committee.
4) The paper should be submitted in Word, DOC, DOCX, or RTF formats, written in English, double-spaced, with a standard font size (at least 11 point), any standard font, and a standard referencing style.
5) The submitted paper should be original and not already published in a journal at the time of submission to the THA 2019 Best Paper Award. The Triple Helix Journal will be pleased to consider the awarded paper and other submissions for publication.
Deadline: Papers for the Best Paper Award competition should be submitted by 26th July to *email address protected*