The THA Thematic Research Groups (TRG) are small group of international researchers, practitioners and policy makers joining the THA, sharing a common thematic interest/expertise, who are committed to work together at a distance for developing and delivering research, projects, publications and policy advise in the specific TH sub-domain.
The running THA TRG are:
- Triple Helix Actors, Governance and the Region (THARG)
- Science Parks and Incubators
- Knowledge and Technology Transfer
- University-Industry Partnerships
- Entrepreneurial Universities
- National Innovation Systems and Models
To stimulate new knowledge generation, codification, dissemination and exploitation in specific sub-fields of the TH model and theory, thus enhancing the scientific depth, the academic and practitioner debate and supporting the translation of knowledge into practical achievements.
- To develop the specific TH sub-fields that underpins the TRG with new theoretical perspectives and practical international examples/ cases.
- To catalyze international excellence in research and innovation around the TRG activities and the THA
- To proactively look for opportunities to finance TRG research agenda (such as EU/international funded projects, sponsored research, etc.)
- To support the THA in codifying and wide spreading the TRG results/findings /outputs
Why joining a TRG
- To be at the core of the international debate on TH and be known by the wide THA liked minded community
- To access a well-recognized international network of excellence
- To set up cooperation with new professionals (scholars, practitioners and policy makers) eager to advance the knowledge and practice in your same specialization field
- To increase your chance to raise EU and international financial resources to support your/your organization research/activities.
Activities of the Thematic Research Groups
- To act as focused discussion group inside the Association, responsible for the development and delivery of research activities in specific TH sub-domains
- To develop joint research / papers / publications / and policy consultation projects
- To prepare bids engaging with their own organizations and other group members or external organizations. The THA should be always involved as partner in the bids with a dissemination role.
- To lead and/or contribute in the design and implementation of THA special events and trainings, conferences, printed and web based publications, specialized webinars, summer schools, policy implementation workshops, moderation of thematic workshops, plenary sessions at the annual TH conference meetings, or other academic and practitioner events.
Each THA-TRG will comprise self–selected THA members that have formally joined the Thematic Group, and co-opted experts in each respected field that are known world-wide for their leadership in theory and practice. Individual TRGs will be encouraged to reach out for other academic and practitioner’s forums in order to bring in cutting edge knowledge and expertise in the relevant field.
Coordination of Activities and the Appointment of Research Coordinators
Each group is led by a Research Coordinator, appointed by the THA Executive Committee. The primary role of the Research Coordinator (RC) is to act as a network-builder, linking researchers both within the THA and with other researchers and other networks. The main responsibilities of the RC will be:
- To lead the agenda setting exercise, in consultation with group members and THA Executive Committee at the beginning of the year
- To coordinate the TRG activities in order to enhance collaboration and achieve the results/outputs set in the annual agenda, continuously interfacing with the THA leadership, with the members of the TRG and with external experts in the field
- To produce an annual report for the THA Executive Committee and the THA General Assembly.
TRGs activity reports
For any additional information:
Chairs of the Organizational Research & Meeting scientific Committee
Prof. Yuzhuo Cai, firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Marcelo Gongalves do Amaral, email@example.com