– To ignite new knowledge generation, recognize excellence and provide researchers, practitioners and policy makers with an opportunity to obtain visibility in the international scientific community and get recognition for their achievements, the THA offers annually and generally in conjunction with its Annual Conference and Summit, a series of awards for the best in class in a specific TH domain and practices.
THA awards and winners
BEST PAPER AWARD
Awarded to Triple Helix Journal authors, recognizing the most valuable paper published in our Journal
- Winner 2017 Edition (presented at the THC2018, Manchester) – Georg Fuerlinger, Ulrich Fandl and Thomas Funke for the paper The role of the state in the entrepreneurship ecosystem: insights from Germany
- Winner 2018 Edition (presented at the THC2019, Cape Town) – Mr Artur Tavares Vilas Boas Ribeiro, Ms Juliana Natsumi Uechi, for the paper Building builders: entrepreneurship education from an ecosystem perspective at MIT
- Winner 2020 Edition (presented at the THS2020, Bologna) – Donati L.*, Bellandi M. University of Florence ~ Florence ~ Italy For the paper: A QUADRUPLE HELIX APPROACH TO LOCAL SOCIAL INNOVATION: EXPLORING GOVERNANCE ARRANGEMENTS AND THE ROLE OF UNIVERSITIES
- Winner 2021 Edition (presented at the THC2021, San Paulo) – Aurora Carneiro Zen, Co-Author: Bruno Anicet Bittencourt, Affiliation: Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS) – Brazil, for the Abstract: Orchestration of Actors in the Innovation Ecosystem to face Covid-19 Crisis
EARLY CAREER RESEARCHER AWARD
Awarded to full-time doctoral students or young researchers, recognizing the conceptual and methodological quality of their research papers, their originality and implications/applications for the Triple Helix models, concepts and approaches.
- Winner 2018 Edition (presented at the THC2018, Manchester) Sergio Manrique, for the paper Personal Networks and Trust in Public-Private R&D Partnerships: A Case Study from Spain. Check the interview with the winner
- Winner 2019 Edition (presented at the THC2019, Cape Town) – Bernadin Ahodode for the paper “Determinants of Sustainable Competitiveness in Africa: Analysis with the Open Quintuple Helix Model” (to be presented)
- Winner 2020 Edition (presented at the THS2020, Bologna) – Cattabriga A. *, Formia E., Gianfrate V., Succini L., Vai E. University of Bologna ~ Bologna ~ Italy, for the paper: EMBEDDING RESPONSIBLE RESEARCH INNOVATION IN SUSTAINABLE FORMS OF PRODUCTION THROUGH CO-DESIGN
- Winner 2021 Edition (presented at the THC2021, San Paulo) – Leonie Ottmann, RWTH Aachen University – Germany, for the abstract: “Yes, you can” – How the existence of an inspiring role model encourages to exploit existing entrepreneurial support mechanisms
Awarded to consultants, practitioners or policy makers who exemplifies significant, consistent, and career-long contributions to the development of the Triple Helix practice.
- Winner 2018 Edition ( presented at the THS2018, Dubai) – Mr Roberto Albonetti for the case Lombardy Region Open Innovation Platform
- Winner 2020 Edition (presented at the THS2020, Bologna) – Aldrovandi L, Marchi G , Balboni B,. for the case: TPM “MARIO VERONESI”, AN EXAMPLE OF SUCCESSFUL HIGH SPECIALIZED TECHNOLOGY PARK FOR GROWTH AND RESILIENCE OF A REGIONAL INNOVATION ECOSYSTEMS ON BIOMEDICAL FIELD
- Winner 2021 Edition (presented at the THC2021, San Paulo) – Cláudia Crisostimo; Co-authors: Erika Juliana Dmitruk; João Guilherme Duda; Kennedy Machado, Universidade Estadual do Centro Oeste (UNICENTRO) – Brazil, for the abstract: Paraná: Articulation in Legislative Matters for an Innovative State
BEST POSTER AWARD
Awarded to researchers, students or practitioners with ability to present clear and concise posters showing the results of application and implementation of the Triple Helix model for innovation.
- Winner 2019 Edition (presented at the THC2019, Cape Town) – Felix Kwabena DONKOR, Mearns KEVIN, Enokenwa Ojong BAA, Henry Bikwibili TANTOH, Eromose EBHUOMA, Hadisu ABUBAKAR, Sibusisiwe MAVUSO, Philip MBEWE, Christopher MABEZA, Arianne LECLERC for the poster ” Harnessing the demographic dividend for enhanced food security and disaster risk reduction”
MOST COMMITTED VOLUNTEER RECOGNITION AWARD
Awarded to a THA volunteer, recognizing the special and long lasting contribution over the previous years .
- Winner 2018 Edition (presented at the THC2018, Manchester) Ms Sheila Forbes, Managing Editor of the Hèlice Magazine