In the face of fragile economic recovery following the economic and financial crisis of 2008, many firms all around the world continue to invest in growth-enhancing activities to achieve a sustainable development.
While the crisis has heavily hit all aspects of business vested interests, investments in innovation, entrepreneurship and regional partnership have been the key priority to ensuring a strong and stable economic growth.
The objective of the conference is to gather decision makers (government, ministries and state agencies), innovation experts (universities, research and development centres, technology transfer centres, start-up centres) and practitioners (smes,business incubators and business support organisations) to generate discussion and exchange on the potential of entrepreneurship promotion and innovation to national and regional competitiveness.
ICEIRD aims to provide an effective channel of communication between decision-makers (government, ministries and state agencies), researchers (universities, research and development centres, start-up centres and incubators), practitioners (SME leaders and managers) and persons concerned with the latest research, scientific development and practice on innovation and entrepreneurship in order to discuss topics that are of currency, relevance and significance for national competitiveness as well as sustainable, robust , and equitable regional development. ICEIRD14 aims to:
- Address key factors in regional economic development, entrepreneurial vitality and innovation processes
- Raise the level of awareness about innovation, entrepreneurship and competitive advantage
- Strengthen the regional and international network among representatives from SEE countries and those from EU member states
- Consolidate intra-SEE networks of SMEs, Start-up Centers and Incubators
- Understand cultural and national barriers of entrepreneurship in the global economy
- Promote best practices in innovation research and business development
- Facilitate regional partnerships and innovation networks
Target Audience: the conference is addressed at regional and international level and is targeted to academics, entrepreneurs, policy-makers, researchers and students who are involved in the latest research, scientific development and practice on innovation and entrepreneurship.