The Triple Helix and Silicon Valley:
Entrepreneurial university, financing/tax policy, start-ups and industrial clusters in regional innovation & development
Join the ITHI in June 8-10 to:
★ Learn the Triple Helix theory and its practice in innovation and entrepreneurship
★ Connect to the Valley and meet people from a variety of countries and fields
★ Visit and understand the heart of world tech innovation — Silicon Valley
The Triple Helix and Silicon Valley Forum (THSV), will be held at Stanford campus on June 7-9, 2019, presenting various innovation initiatives in Silicon Valley from a Triple Helix perspective, with Stanford University, Silicon Valley and the Triple Helix as three foci:
F1: The Triple Helix Theory and Practice — Silicon Valley’s secret
F2: Silicon Valley’s Future — an innovative region’s evolution
F3: Stanford Open Innovation System — continuously creating new organizations
In addition, participants will explore Silicon Valley with the Forum organizers. Site visits may include:
• Stanford University campus/research centers and its Science Park/ StartX
• Apple New Headquarters and Google main campus
• Selected Incubators/ Accelerators
As a participant you will:
• Fully engage with the Forum activities, not as a passive listener, but as an active participant who will shape the overall outcome of the Forum. You will listen to keynote addresses and individual presentations. and participate in panel discussions with top academic, business and policy-making leaders involved in university-industry collaboration, Silicon Valley entrepreneurs and venture capitalists, regional innovation organizers. We invite you to prepare a brief presentation（not obligated） and we will make suggestions and comments for your further development and publication, in a Forum Proceedings that will synthesize all the Forum experiences. If you wish publication, your paper should be submitted by 10 August.
• Join a community of like-minded individuals with similar goals and the belief that the Triple Helix is a key in forming an innovative region.
• Expand networks, meet partners and learn from the experience of world leaders from academia, industry and government,
sharing real-life examples of how they succeeded in their endeavors.
• Explore the possibility to initiate a longer-term research collaboration with the International Triple Helix Institute
for papers publication, remote collaborations and short-term visiting professors.
Stanford University campus.
Hosted by the International Triple Helix Institute (ITHI)
1766 Sand Hill Road, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA; URL: www.triplehelix.net
Note: The cost comprises: all Forum materials; Welcome Reception & Gala Dinner; and site visits.
Airfare, airport transfer and Hotel/Inn/Motel are not included.
Regular individual registration US$ 1000/person
Early bird group discount
before April 1, 2019 US$ 900 (10% off)
Read more on the program from the attached leaflet